Call for abstracts: November 1, 2023
Abstracts should be submitted via the online submission form. You can work online on your abstract, save the data and come back to finish it later, until the deadline of February 1, 2024. The receipt of your abstract will be confirmed by email.
Abstract for oral, poster or video presentation
You have the option to submit your abstract for presentation in one of the three formats: oral, poster, or video. Additionally, you must select a topic category from the list provided. If your abstract is accepted but cannot be considered for an oral presentation, you are expeted to present it as a poster, with the exception of video presentations.
- Oral presentation is presented in a free paper session (8 minutes speech, max. 1 speaker, 2 minutes for discussion).
- Poster presentation is displayed continuously during the entire congress. Guided poster presentations are planned on which authors will be available for discussion in front of their poster.
- Video presentation is presented in a video session (8 minutes video, max. 1 speaker, 2 minutes for discussion).
Before you start with the online abstract form, please prepare the following information:
- Just type your abstract in the text box or copy paste your text via Notepad. Avoid using special characters.
- Details of the main author: family name, initial(s), institute, city, country and e-mail
- Details of all co-authors: family name, initial(s) and institute.
- Please select one of the topic categories listed:
- Anterior/central skull base
- Lateral skull base
- Imaging &, interventional radiotherapy
- Basic science
- Abstract title is limited to a maximum of 30 words. Do NOT use CAPITAL letters for the title.
- The abstract body text is limited to a maximum of 300 words. Structure your abstract with the following headings:
- A. Objective - Aim of investigation
- B. Methods - Selection of study design, methods of investigation and data analysis
- C. Results - Results of research with specific data and statistics, if available
- D. Conclusion - Conclusions from the results obtained
- Figures and tables are not allowed.
- The official language of the ESBS Congress is English and abstracts should be submitted in British English
The ESBS 2024 scientific committee will review the abstracts. The committee will contact authors by April 1, 2024 at the latest with formal acceptance or rejection notices in order to allow presenters sufficient time to register for the conference and make travel arrangements. All notifications will be sent to the e-mail address provided during the abstract submission process.
All presenters should preferably register for the conference before the deadline of the early registration March 1, 2024. Presenters not registered to the congress will not be included in the scientific program. In case your abstract is declined, your registration can be withdrawn.
Dissemination of abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website: www.esbs2024.eu
Please do not submit an abstract if you are not confident that you will be able to attend the conference and present your work. If your abstract has been accepted for a presentation but extenuating circumstances prevent your attendance, we ask that you attempt to find another individual to make the presentation and notify us of this change as soon as possible. If cancellation becomes absolutely unavoidable, please contact us immediately so we can remove your presentation from the conference program.
Abstract submission indicates acceptance of and compliance with the rules outlined below:
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the presenting author to attend the conference and present the findings. If accepted, the presenting author is required to pay all costs associated with the conference.
- All co-authors have consented to be included as co-authors and they have read and approved the abstract and its contents. They permit the abstract to be published on the conference website upon acceptance.
- The submitting author of an abstract for an oral or poster presentation is considered to be the presenting author.
- The work described is original to the authors and was conducted in accordance with current ethical standards. Conflicts of interest should be disclosed.
- Abstracts may not already have been accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
15th Congress of the European Skull Base Society, 5 - 8 June 2024Registration website for 15th Congress of the European Skull Base Society, 5 - 8 June 2024
Lisette Schreuder, Project Manager, Bianca Gremmen, Project Officer and Judith van Werven, Project Officerevents.email@example.com
Lisette Schreuder, Project Manager, Bianca Gremmen, Project Officer and Judith van Werven, Project Officerevents.firstname.lastname@example.org://www.esbs2024.eu/142800
15th Congress of the European Skull Base Society, 5 - 8 June 202415th Congress of the European Skull Base Society, 5 - 8 June 20240.00EUROnlineOnly2019-01-01T00:00:00Z
MECC MaastrichtMECC Maastricht6229 GV Maastricht Netherlands